Hey there, Ashtanga practitioners! Are you ready to explore the world of Zen through the lens of Alan Watts? In this blog post, we’ll dive into the captivating documentary “Zen: The Best of Alan Watts” by Elda Hartley. Get ready to expand your understanding of yoga and find a new level of connection with your Ashtanga practice.
- Unveiling the Essence of Zen: The documentary takes us on an enlightening journey to uncover the essence of Zen philosophy. Alan Watts, a renowned philosopher, brings Zen teachings to life in a way that resonates deeply with our yoga practice. Join us as we explore how Zen principles can enhance our Ashtanga journey.
- Going Beyond Poses: Yoga as a Way of Life: As Ashtanga practitioners, we often get caught up in perfecting our poses and advancing through the series. But “Zen: The Best of Alan Watts” reminds us that yoga is more than just the physical postures. Watts encourages us to embrace yoga as a way of life, integrating mindfulness, presence, and self-discovery into every aspect of our daily routines.
- Finding Stillness in Movement: One of the core teachings of Zen is the concept of finding stillness within movement. Ashtanga Yoga, with its dynamic and flowing sequences, can sometimes feel physically demanding. However, through the wisdom shared by Alan Watts, we learn how to find inner calm and peace amidst the movement and challenges of our practice.
- Bridging the Gap: Zen Philosophy and Yogic Principles: Zen and Ashtanga Yoga may seem like different paths, but they share common threads that can deepen our understanding of both practices. “Zen: The Best of Alan Watts” beautifully explores the intersections between Zen philosophy and yogic principles, inviting us to discover new layers of meaning in our Ashtanga practice.
- Embracing a Deeper Connection: By delving into the documentary, we have the opportunity to embrace a deeper connection with ourselves, our practice, and the world around us. Alan Watts’ teachings inspire us to cultivate mindfulness and compassion not only on our mats but also in our interactions with others, creating a ripple effect of positive change.
Conclusion: Ashtanga practitioners, “Zen: The Best of Alan Watts” is a documentary that offers a unique perspective on our yoga practice. Through the wisdom of Zen philosophy, Alan Watts invites us to explore the depths of our Ashtanga journey and discover a newfound sense of connection, mindfulness, and presence. So, grab some popcorn, settle in, and prepare to be inspired!
Remember, my fellow yogis, yoga is a lifelong journey of self-discovery. Let’s continue to dive deeper into our practice, always open to new insights and perspectives, and let the wisdom of Alan Watts guide us on this beautiful path.
Happy watching and happy practicing!
With love and light, Michael (Your Ashtanga Yoga Teacher)