Skip to content
Basic Breath Training
- Provide instruction for such fundamentals as breathing through the nose and allowing torso to move.
- Explain signs of reverse breathing and chest breathing and the consequences of such practices.
- Use tools and cues to bring students’ awareness to the breath during a particular inquiry time such as in opening centering and/or throughout class.
- Teach such gentle practices as three-part breath or gently extending the length of the breath to help awaken and maintain awareness.
- Associate movement of any part of body with an inhale or exhale.
- Pranayama & The Breath Hub