More Class Elements: Class Elements, Tools & Practices
Ritual, Sacred Space, Smudging
- Consistent Openings and/or Closings – Choose options such as chanting Om, lighting and snuffing a candle, or other practices to mark the opening and close of practice.
- Using Symbols – Consider the effects of such practices as using Namaste for greetings, placing mats or other items in a circle, and other symbolic gestures,
- Ceremonial Smudging and/or Cleansing Rituals – Consider mindful use of herbs and intention to help create sacred space and deepen the experience.
- Art of Teaching: Sacred Space & Ritual
- Surya Namasakar: Devotional Practices
- The Magic of Ritual 1991 by theologian Tom F. Driver