- Be mindful of the overall goal to promote balance in mind, body and spirit.
- To meet such an immensely valuable goal involves intuitive sensibility which every teacher has and continues to develop over time.
- In addition, there are some techniques that you can employ to promote balance, such as the following.
- Avoid practicing too many poses on one side before practicing the second side.
- Sequence to balance energy.
- Move the spine through all directions.
- Use counterposes to neutralize the effects of deep poses.
- Balance strength and flexibility (see below).