Many Yoga Tools to Choose From
A key to effectively teaching Seniors is the ability to draw from the plethora of yoga tools available beyond asana.
- See Class Elements, Techniques, Tools & Practices for a summary list of considerations.
- See this article for a wonderful look at issues facing some seniors and how yogic tools such as awareness, svadhyaya and santosha are of great support.
- Be familiar with teaching a variety of Chair Yoga sequences.
- There are vastly different ways to use chairs, including approaches that can add a lot of challenge but in a safe way. In addition, of course, chairs can assist those with limited mobility to have a safe and effective practice.
- Depending upon the sequence, students may choose to use the chair a lot or a little.
- Please begin with Chair Yoga Overview and then select the quick menu to step through Benefits & Cautions, Warm Up, Joint Movements, Standing Poses and so on.
To select a sequence template, here are some considerations:
- Seated Chair Yoga Sun Salute
- Standing Chair Yoga Sun Salute
- Sequence Finder – Choose Student Level: Beginner which will provide the best choices for safe and sound asana
Using Props & Wall
The Asana Digests include many variations using props. Examples: