How Yoga Can Help: How Yoga Can Help with Immunity
A key to understanding how yoga can help with immune system functioning is to understand the nervous system and how yoga impacts it:
- Stress Response, Fight or Flight, Chronic Stress & Relaxation Response
- Why Yoga Works: Yoga’s Impact on the Nervous System & Stress
Yoga may assist with immunity in three general ways:
- Help to foster well-being and boost immune system functioning in general.
- Address the particular factors that contribute to and exacerbate immune system disorders, including stress and inflammation.
- Complement medical treatment for illness.
When choosing yoga tools to support people experiencing immune system issues or autoimmune diseases, consider these objectives:
- Release stress.
- Calm the nervous system.
- Assist in reducing inflammation in the body.