Standing Adductor Slides: Hip Strengthening Exercises to Prepare for Asana
- Objective — Strengthen inner thighs and build hip stability
- Prepares for — Virabhadrasana I (Warrior 1 Pose), Parsvottanasana (Pyramid), Jathara Parivartanasana (Reclined Twist), Marichyasana Twist
- Source – Trina Altman (Yoga Journal) — Build Inner Thigh Strength with Sliding Side Splits
- Fold a blanket in half long ways and then in half again, long ways. Place blanket on floor. Fold in each edge and stand on folded portion. (No mat needed.)
- Squish and bring the blanket together between your feet.
- Bring one hand to belly and one hand to crown of the head.
- Lift toes up. Slide and separate the legs.
- Exhale, draw the feet and legs together.