Seated External Rotator Stretching: Poses & Adaptations for Hip Health & Hip Issues
- Stretches glutes, external rotators, and abductors.
- Sucirandhasana (Eye of the Needle Pose / Reclining Pigeon
Eka Pada Rajakapotasana
- “This bittersweet posture uses the weight of the entire body to stretch the external rotators.” (Jason Crandell)
- Eka Pada Rajakapotasana (One Legged King Pigeon Pose)
Agnistambhasana (Fire Log Pose)
- Externally rotates the thighs even more deeply than Pigeon Pose.
- Agnistambhasana (Fire Log Pose)