Skip to content
Common Problems in Alignment Cueing for Standing Poses
Questions Answered Here
- Why can even widely-used cues be a problem?
- Describe a problem with the cue, “place feet parallel (in standing poses).”
- What might you do instead?
- What is meant by the cue, “hip-width apart?” What is a potential problem with the cue?
- How might you address it?
- In what types of poses might the cue “square the hips” be a problem? What is an alternative cue?
- How might a student’s hip strength be related to the front knee moving in or out?
- What are some potential problems with the cue, “Align your kneecap toward the second toe” in bent-knee standing poses?
- What is an alternative cue?
- What are some alignment cues to consider for standing poses?