Please Download and Submit:
This section that follows covers only the movement of muscles. Learn more about muscles in The Musculoskeletal System.
- What is the purpose of muscle?
- How does movement happen?
- What is muscle contraction?
- How do origin and insertion points relate to muscle contraction?
- What are three types of muscle contraction and an example for each?
- What is meant by the agonist and antagonist relationship? What is an example?
- What is reciprocal inhibition and how can you use this knowledge in practice?
- What is muscle cramping? Why might a muscle cramp?
- What might help regarding cramping?