Joint Movements & Mobility
Please Download and Submit:
Biomechanics: Joint Movements, Joint Mobility & ROM
Questions Answered Here
This section that follows covers only the movement of joints. Learn more about joints in The Musculoskeletal System.
- Define Range of Motion (ROM).
- Who uses ROM standards, and why?
- How are joints affected by over-stretching?
- What are the effects of diminished ROM?
- Why is joint mobility important in asanapractice?
- Name and describe the movements of each of these joints: ankles, knees, hips, spine, wrists, elbows, shoulders, scapula and neck.
- What are the established normal ranges of motion for each joint movement?