Injuries & Conditions: Wrist Issues
Questions Answered Here
- What are some potential causes for wrist pain?
- How can posture and habits contribute to wrist issues?
- If there is wrist pain or soreness, what is the typical advisement regarding weight-bearing poses?
- What are some poses that put significant pressure on wrists?
- When pain has subsided, describe a gradual approach of returning to full practice.
- What simple readiness test can be used before engaging in practices that require 90 degree wrist extension?
- How is alignment in the upper body related to wrist issues?
- How can increasing strength and mobility of shoulders and upper back help with wrist issues?
- Describe alignment points for weight-bearing asana.
- Where can you review stretches to help with range of motion in the wrists?
- Where can you review alternatives and adaptations for poses such as Adho Mukha Svanasana (Downward Facing Dog Pose) and Plank Pose?
- Where can you review a sequence for those with wrist issues?
- Related to wrist issues is shoulder and upper back care. Where can you study this topic?